TACOMA, Wash. — From abdominal pain, seizures and strokes to broken bones, cuts and head injuries, the Federal Way community will find all these emergency services and more when the MultiCare Tacoma General Emergency Department opens in Federal Way on May 18, beginning at 7 a.m.
Located at 29805 Pacific Hwy S in Federal Way, MultiCare’s new emergency department is designed to provide the services of a sophisticated emergency room in a more convenient and accessible neighborhood setting. This includes:
- Treatment of a wide range of complex illnesses and injuries, including allergic reactions, bladder pain, dehydration, pneumonia and seizures to back pain, burns, foreign-object removal and work-related injuries
- Complete imaging services, including digital X-ray, CT Scan and Ultrasound
- Full lab services, from urinalysis and flu screening to blood cell count, metabolic profile and cardiac enzyme analysis
- Proximity to Sacajawea Park and Sacajawea Middle School and about a half-mile from Federal Way High School
MultiCare’s new emergency department accepts most insurance plans.
“With continued growth of the greater Federal Way community, we know it can be challenging to get emergency care quickly,” explains Michael Mboob, Executive Director | Off Campus Emergency Departments, MultiCare Health System. “Our new Federal Way location, an extension of MultiCare’s Tacoma General Emergency and Trauma Center, offers a more accessible option for residents in the North part of Federal Way and beyond.
We also designed and will be staffing it to make sure patients get seen right away. Our staff is highly committed to offering a better experience, without sacrificing care in any way,” he adds.
The Tacoma General Emergency Department in Federal Way is part of MultiCare’s network of emergency services, including Mary Bridge’s Pediatric Trauma Center and the Tacoma General Level II Trauma Center.
To learn more about the new MultiCare Tacoma General Emergency Federal Way, visit anytime or call 253-545-3770 (on May 18 or later).
MultiCare’s comprehensive system of health includes numerous primary care, urgent care and specialty services — including MultiCare Indigo Urgent Care, Pulse Heart Institute and MultiCare Rockwood Clinic, the largest multispecialty clinic in the Inland Northwest region.
MultiCare’s network of care includes 11 hospitals:
- MultiCare Allenmore Hospital, Tacoma
- MultiCare Auburn Medical Center, Auburn
- MultiCare Capital Medical Center, Olympia
- MultiCare Covington Medical Center, Covington
- MultiCare Deaconess Hospital, Spokane
- MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital, Puyallup
- Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital, Tacoma
- MultiCare Tacoma General Hospital, Tacoma
- MultiCare Valley Hospital, Spokane Valley
- Navos Behavioral Health Hospital
- Wellfound Behavioral Health Hospital