Greenﬁeld, Wis. — Delivering on a promise to expand access to compassionate, personalized care, Ascension Wisconsin marked the opening of its new 32,000-square-foot neighborhood hospital in Greenﬁeld with a ceremonial blessing and ribbon cutting on Tuesday, September 14, 2021.
The second of Ascension Wisconsin’s three planned neighborhood hospitals, the new Greenﬁeld facility (4935 S. 76th Street, Greenﬁeld, WI 53220) will offer emergency, inpatient and outpatient care, lab and medical imaging services. The Ascension Medical Group clinic will include primary care, cardiac and behavioral health services, as well as other specialty services. The site opens to patients on Wednesday, September 15.
“Ascension Wisconsin is growing to provide the right care at the right time and the right place. The new Ascension Wisconsin Hospital provides an innovative way to integrate inpatient and outpatient services at an affordable cost while keeping care close to home,” said Blake Estes, Vice President, Ambulatory Development, Ascension Wisconsin. “We look forward to serving the Greenﬁeld community.”
The new hospital will operate 24-hours-a-day, 365-days-a-year. It is staffed by emergency medicine physicians, experienced nurses and clinical specialists dedicated to providing the same level of compassionate, personalized care found at Ascension Wisconsin sites of care. The facility is a fully licensed, CMS-accredited and in-network with most commercial providers. Medicaid and Medicare also will be accepted.
“We are honored to expand our innovative model of care in Wisconsin. The neighborhood hospital concept is efficient and focuses on quality care, with efforts made to reduce wait times,” said Amanda Basso-Shurtz, Chief Nursing Officer, Ascension Wisconsin Hospitals. “We stand ready to provide exceptional care to the communities we serve.”
A full-service outpatient imaging center will open in late 2021. The imaging center will be managed by Premier Radiology Wisconsin, LLC. Ascension Wisconsin’s first neighborhood hospital opened in Menomonee Falls on Tuesday, August 31, 2021. The third location in Waukesha is scheduled to open in early October 2021.
Ascension Wisconsin has implemented enhanced safety precautions for visitors, including:
- Screening. All Ascension associates are screened for COVID-19 symptoms before they come to work, using screening tools designed to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free before entering or interacting with patients. All patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms by phone before entering the clinic.
- Cleaning and disinfecting. Environmental services teams will continue to perform rigorous disinfecting measures at all Ascension facilities.
- Appointment scheduling. Ascension Wisconsin is offering staggered appointment times to reduce the number of patients with overlapping wait times.
- Waiting room distancing and masking. In accordance with CDC recommendations, all patients will be asked to wear a mask when coming to Ascension Wisconsin facilities. In addition to practicing social distancing within Ascension Wisconsin hospitals, clinics and oﬃces, patients and visitors will notice that waiting areas have fewer people and special instructions are posted for avoiding exposure.
- Virtual visits with providers will be offered to accommodate patient needs.
About Ascension Wisconsin: In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 17 hospital campuses, more than 100 related healthcare facilities and employs more than 1,100 primary and specialty care clinicians from Racine to Appleton. Serving Wisconsin since 1848, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-proﬁt and Catholic health system in the U.S., operating more than 2,600 sites of care – including 139 hospitals and more than 40 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org.